Video cameras have become a very valuable tool in the plumbing business. Video cameras may be used to identify drain pipe or sewer line damage and/or obstructions that inhibit proper flow and create occasional or repeated backups.
A specially made fiber optic camera allows for a visual video inspection of underground sewer lines and other drain pipes determining the condition of the inside of the pipe. A flexible rod with a high resolution video camera on the end is inserted into the pipe for inspection. Video inspections are transmitted to the camera operator and radio transmitters on the camera record the depth and physical location from the surface so that the crack or obstructions can be corrected cost effectively by one of our plumbers.
Plumbing Video camera inspections pinpoint problems like these:
- Broken, cracked or collapsed pipe- damaged pipes requiring repair or replacement
- Offset pipe- pipe or sewer lines have become misaligned due to shifting soil or settling.
- Blockage- grease buildup or foreign objects restricting or prohibiting proper flow.
- Corrosion- pipes have deteriorated and/or broken causing sections to collapse.
- Bellied pipe- a section of pipe that has sunk due to ground or soil conditions creating a valley that collects waste
- Leaking joints- when the seals between two pipes have broken and allowed water to escape into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Root infiltration- tree or shrub roots have invaded the sewer lines and prevents normal cleaning and/or the roots have damaged the pipe.
- Off grade pipe- existing pipes are constructed of substandard or outdate material that may have deteriorated or corroded.
Here at Plumb Tite we don’t want to be just any plumber we want to be YOUR plumber! We service NKY, Greater Cincinnati and the Southern IN areas. Please call us today to schedule your appointment with one of our licensed plumbers! We look forward to working with you!